2-Day Workshop | Painting The Rural Midwest In Watercolor with Dale L. Popovich IWS | July 17 & 18, 2021
2 Day Workshop | Painting the Rural Midwest in Watercolor Workshop by Dale L. Popovich, IWS.... | July 17 & 18, 2021
This year’s 2 full-day workshop will focus on the beautiful farms and the landscape of the rural Midwest. The student will experience Dale Popovich’s unique step-by-step instruction in transparent watercolor. Teaching as a paint-along will allow the student to watch, go back and recreate what was just painted. Dale will also stress to his students to ask as many questions as they wish while he is painting. Bring your camera because he will let you snap photos along the way. He feels sharing his knowledge in all ways is the key to excellent learning.
Dale will cover all four seasons so you will have an understanding of color, temperature, intensity, and most of all value. The class is designed for all artists. His personal photo references will be supplied.
You will be working with various techniques in applying our watercolor:
• Wet-on-wet applications.
• Wet and dry applications.
• Using the toothbrush, paper towel, and sponge for texture.
• Understanding how to properly build a painting using the block-in method.
• Dale will discuss the importance of value, temperatures of color, intensities of color, and also the colors that we are using both days.
• You’ll learn how to build a painting from start-to-finish with a focal point.
• There will be a 30 minute discussion on linear perspective to make sure your farm structures are drawn correctly.
Dale’s objective is to have each student complete their four paintings and leave with a new level of confidence, ability and understanding of transparent watercolor.
COST: $350 - Half down at registration, balance due July 1, 2021. Call the gallery to register - 812.988.4609
Click here to download the supply list.